VALHALLA, N.Y. -- The SUNY Cobleskill Department of Sport & Exercise recently announced that sophomore Madeline DeMilio from Valhalla is the 2014 Fred Bennett Outstanding Female Athlete Award winner for her accomplishments during the 2013-14 academic year.
DeMilio is a member of Cobleskill’s women’s softball team and received the honor at the college’s recent 2014 Athletic Awards Convocation.
The sophomore catcher led the Fighting Tigers to the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) North Division Championship as the team posted an 18-10 overall record including a program best 16-4 record in conference play. DeMilio batted .500 on the year and had 10 doubles, eight triples, four home runs, 20 RBI and 10 stolen bases.
DeMilio was also dominant defensively with only two errors on the season. The team captain also threw out 11 attempted base-runners during the season.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Mount Pleasant Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Mount Pleasant
- 4 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester
- 5 Westlake High School Girls Basketball Coach Mayer Gets 100th Career Win