VALHALLA, N.Y. -- The SUNY Cobleskill Department of Sport & Exercise recently announced that sophomore Madeline DeMilio from Valhalla is the 2014 Fred Bennett Outstanding Female Athlete Award winner for her accomplishments during the 2013-14 academic year.
DeMilio is a member of Cobleskill’s women’s softball team and received the honor at the college’s recent 2014 Athletic Awards Convocation.
The sophomore catcher led the Fighting Tigers to the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) North Division Championship as the team posted an 18-10 overall record including a program best 16-4 record in conference play. DeMilio batted .500 on the year and had 10 doubles, eight triples, four home runs, 20 RBI and 10 stolen bases.
DeMilio was also dominant defensively with only two errors on the season. The team captain also threw out 11 attempted base-runners during the season.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Overturned Vehicle Closes Stretch Of Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Mount Pleasant