VALHALLA, N.Y. - Sebastian Pacheco and Joey Pecora each scored a touchdown and the Valhalla Vikings defense was dominant in a 14-8 Westchester Youth Football League victory over Greenburgh Sunday at Woodlands High School.
The Vikings' offense ran off-tackle with Pacheco and up the middle with Pecora, while quarterback Brody McGuinn connected with tight end Ethan Brookes in the passing game.
McGuinn engineered an opening drive that ate up close to eight minutes on the clock before Pacheco fumbled on the 1-yard line. The Vikings defense held and Pecora answered by recovering a fumble at the Falcon's 5-yard line. On the ensuing offensive play, McGuinn faked right and handed off to Pacheco, who ran around left end for the touchdown.
Valhalla put together another sustained drive early in the second half with Pecora breaking through the secondary for a 30-yard gain. McGuinn then threw a quick pass over the middle to Brookes for 12 yards and Pecora crashed over from the three for the score. Marco Mazza’s conversion kick split the uprights to make the score 14 to 0.
Greenburgh scored late to draw to within 14-8, but the Vikings defense, led by Matt Conolly, John Menona, Ritchie Nagashima and Francesco Falco, was the difference. Nagashima had another fumble recovery to help stop a Greenburgh drive.
The Vikings travel north Sunday to take on the Indians of Ossining.
- 1 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Pleasant Skies Sunday
- 3 Woman Safe After Jump From Overpass Onto Sprain Brook Parkway In Hawthorne
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Mount Pleasant
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester