MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. – The Westlake High School boys basketball team will host a rematch with Croton-Harmon on Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
The Tigers defeated the Wildcats, 62-48, in Croton on Jan. 14. Tigers’ star guard Ian Thom scored his 1,000th point in that contest and finished with 31 for the game.
Westlake played Croton closely for the better part of the first three quarters of the first meeting, but Thom took over in the second half to lift Croton to the win.
The key for the Wildcats in the rematch will be to slow down Thom. The majority of the Tigers’ offense runs through him as he typically scores the bulk of the points but also dishes out plenty of assists.
That was the case in Westlake’s first loss to Croton. Thom led the team in scoring but also had five assists. If he gets on a roll, then the Wildcats are in for a long afternoon.
Westlake has the advantage in the paint with 6’6” Tommy Hopkins, who officially committed to the University of Connecticut to play football on Wednesday. Croton has the speed and quickness, led by Thom, but Hopkins provides an anchor for the Wildcats under the basket.
- 1 Former Mount Pleasant School Board Member Wins Seat As Write-In Candidate
- 2 Mount Pleasant Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 4 Thornwood's License 2 Grill Provides Tips On Grilling The Perfect Burger
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit