Clerks at two stores in Northern Westchester were charged with selling alcohol to underage customers in a detail conducted by New York State Police from the Somers barracks on Friday, April 27.
A total of 10 establishments were checked during the detail.
The two clerks charged were:
- Danbury resident Nube M. Yunganaula, 18, who is employed at the Shell Gas Station on Route 22 in North Salem, was charged with a violation of the State Alcohol and Beverage Control Law and issued an appearance ticket and directed to appear in North Salem Court on May 14.
- Katonah resident Julie Lombardi, 63, who is employed by Acme Supermarket, Route 22 in Goldens Bridge, was charged with a violation of the State Alcohol and Beverage Control Law and issued an appearance ticket and directed to appear in North Salem Court on May 21.
An underage operative attempted to purchase alcohol at the following locations and was denied as a result of his age
- Goldens Bridge Fine Wine and Spirits, Routes 22 and 138
- DeCiccos Supermarket, Routes 35 and 121, Cross River
- Somers Mobil Mart, Route 100
- Front Street Cellar Wines, Croton Falls
- Cross River Wine and Spirits, Route 121
- Cross River Shell Station Mini Mart, Route 121
- Cameron's Deli, Route 35, Cross River
- 7-Eleven, Route 100, Somers
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.