There will be several roads closed for several hours on Sunday, as hundreds of athletes make their way to southern Dutchess County for the 40th annual Classic Road Race.
With hundreds expected to participate in the children’s race, 5K and half marathon events that begin and end at Lagrange Town Hall, there will be intermittent closures, causing delays for motorists in the area of Lagrange, Wappinger and East Fishkill.
From 7 a.m. to noon, Stringham Road, in the area of Lagrange Town Hall will be closed. From 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Lauer Road will be closed between Todd Hill Road and Noxon Road. Noxon Road, in Lagrange, from the intersection of Robinson Lane to Kinkead Lane will have intermittent delays from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
New York State Police warned that due to those closures and potential traffic delays during the race, motorists have also been advised to avoid these roads on Sunday morning:
- Stringham Road, Todd Hill Road, and Lauer Road in Lagrange;
- Noxon Road, between Robinson Lane and Authursburg Road, in Lagrange;
- Robinson Lane in Lagrange, Wappinger, and East Fishkill;
- Hillside Lake Road (County Route 33), in Lagrange and East Fishkill;
- Authursburg Road, between the Taconic State Parkway and Noxon Road, in Lagrange, and;
- Todd Hill Road, between Lauer Road and the Taconic State Parkway in Lagrange.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.