MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Pleasant and & Valhalla this week:
- The Mount Pleasant Planning Board unanimously approved a proposal to turn part of the Legion of Christ property into a private boarding school for high school students.
- A Pleasantville police officer has been suspended after reportedly making a Facebook post that was laced with profanities and racist comments about President Barack Obama.
- Three suspects in a White Plains burglary were arrested in Harrison Tuesday afternoon.
- Westchester County commuters will see reduced commute time on Metro-North Railroad trains as construction on a stretch of railroad in the Bronx is completed.
- Nero, a 10-year old Newfoundland who played a key role in the rescue of two of Eliseo family members before perishing in a Nov. 24 fire on Wildwood Street along with three other dogs, was laid to rest at St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Church in Shrub Oak.